“We are the bridge for Mental Health and Wellness.”
The Compassion Center is designed to assist adults with a range of mental health services. These services are provided in an out-patient clinic environment and are aimed at preventing more intensive care.
Outpatient Mental Health Clinic
We provide HIPAA compliant psychiatry, therapeutic counseling and medication adherence services to adults who suffer from mental health disorders. The clinic is member of the CT Latino Behavioral Health System (LBHS).
Our Center utilizes an integrated care model connecting clients with a network of primary care doctors, community resources and providing on-site pharmaceutical services.
Staffing includes a Connecticut licensed psychiatrist, Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), and Master Social Worker (MSW). Staff members specialize in addressing trauma, depression, anxiety, and other environmentally driven psychiatric concerns. Modalities include individual, family, couples, and group therapies. All services are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Medicaid & Medicare
- Private insurances including Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Connecticare/United Health Care, Optum
- Sliding fee scale
We are dedicated to meeting client needs, regardless of their ability to pay. We are currently accepting new patients. Please contact us at 860-527-0856.
Domestic Violence Prevention Initiative
Violence is a very important public health issue due to its impact on the health and well-being of all populations. The purpose of the Latino Violence Prevention Initiative is to decrease risk factors in the community that may lead to intimate partner violence and to increase protective factors that prevent it. The program goal is to implement comprehensive strategies that address individual, and societal factors to stop violence before it begins. The program target low-income, minority Latino families.
Program Offerings Include:
- Education on positive, and healthy relationships, and promoting protective factors.
- Advocacy and support by empowering and teaching surviving skills to victims.
- Linkages to victims’ services.
- Culturally appropriate education and awareness on trafficking indicators.
- Individualized mental health counseling to victims.
- Linkages to victim’s services.
- Women Empowerment and group activities.