We are Connecticut’s most compassionate and effective nonprofit.
The Hispanic Health Council is a nationally recognized, statewide community-based organization, whose mission is to improve the health and social well-being of Latinos and other diverse communities. We achieve our mission
through four core pillars: community-based participatory research, evidence-based direct services, provider training, and system and policy advocacy. Over multiple decades we have established a deep relationship of trust and respect with the communities we serve through our commitment to social justice. These pillars and values uniquely position us to impact social determinants of health at individual and community levels, and to influence inequitable systems and policies that impede the ability of diverse populations to achieve optimal health and well-being.
The Hispanic Health Council has adopted a Community Health Worker model. At the direct service level, we provide a comprehensive array of Community Health Worker services across the life span, with documented impact of a standard of excellence that in some cases has achieved national and international recognition. We have also worked for decades with academic and clinical partners to assess need, then develop and evaluate corresponding Community Healthy Worker service models, in some cases leading to replication and scale-up.
It is important to note that the great majority of our staff speak, read, and write Spanish.
Community Based Research
Evidence Based Services
- We treat everyone with respect and embrace cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- We will ensure responsible stewardship of the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us. We will improve performance through evidence-based practices and sound business principles.
- We will strive to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of every team member. We embrace innovation, responsible risk-taking and continuous improvement.
Caring & Compassion
- We are sensitive to the needs of our community by providing client-centered programs and services with kindness and empathy.
- Our success depends on engaged and competent people who share our vision and mission and work together to attain it.